This organisation is a non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in 2002. It is one of the first Chinese NGOs to focus on issues of gender, sexuality and sexual health, thus fulfilling a pioneering role in Chinese society. The organisation’s mission is to raise awareness and understanding on issues of gender, sexuality and sexual health, and to promote and advocate gender & sexual diversity and equality in Chinese society. While sexual health initiatives and sexology studies have markedly increased on the Chinese Mainland over the past few years, there continues to be an obvious lack of attention towards sexual diversity and gender diversity. The government, along with expert organizations and society as a whole, remain ill-equipped to accommodate sexual and gender diversity, resulting in general misinformation, misunderstanding and health initiatives that are disjointed from reality. The organisation strives to remedy this situation by training and strengthening different social groups in China, and by providing a supportive platform for educational and informational initiatives. They have built up a strong reputation for organizing and coordinating media, educational and advocacy initiatives which typically combine the efforts of various Community-Based Organizations, the public, and the private sector.
- Provide research assistance to various programs at the Beijing Gender through desk review, face-to-
face interview, data analysis and management, and oral/written presentation
- Add values to Beijing Gender’s work with their own expertise, e.g. writing/editing/proofreading, graphic design, video making and editing, new media/branding/marketing, networking, and etc.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for workshops, training, fundraisers, and other activities hosted by the Beijing Gender
- Provide a unique insight into the development of programs and the organization.
- We encourage interns to design and carry out their own initiatives during their time with the Beijing Gender
- Be flexible and open-minded
- Bilingual candidates (English and Chinese) with higher Chinese proficiency will be considered first.