Investment Banking Intern
Headquartered in Beijing, this company is an established M&A investment-banking platform. It was founded in Beijing in 2009 by a Wall Street veteran and one of the first Westerners to develop and manage a Chinese company in China. The staff of the company is comprised of both Chinese and Western professionals who have substantial operating experience in China and includes individuals with expertise in the major functional areas of general management, sales and marketing, technology, manufacturing, and finance. The company has representatives in the Asia-Pacific region, North America, and Europe.
The company focuses on assisting western companies to tailor their strategies to the China market, taking into account the fact that China is at a different stage of economic development than the West and that price points are lower. They also help western companies to implement their China strategies by developing professional local management teams. Finally, the company assists companies in gaining access to the capital required to take advantage of growth opportunities in the country. The company’s goal is to help companies from around the world gain access to the China market and to assist our Chinese clients to develop global footprints through M&A activities.
At this company, they offer our Western clients a range of advisory services to help them develop and implement their strategies in China, including identifying suitable business partners, as well as transnational services that assist in capital raising and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. For Chinese clients, the company provides access to overseas sources of capital and helps to identify overseas acquisition candidates.
- Prepare reports on market, customers, competitors, and industries to support projects
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, financial models, and financial analysis reports
- Attend meetings/negotiations with senior investment bankers and prepare documents/reports
- Liaise with clients or partners to track progress and deal status
- Arrange meetings, travel and other activities
- Participate in project management and execution
- Professional demeanor
- Hard working, proactive, efficient, detail oriented and responsible
- Working knowledge of Microsoft tools: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Solid corporate finance, accounting, and investment banking knowledge
- Financial modeling skills preferred
- Any M&A execution/deal experience is a plus