Business Development Intern
This company was established in 1993, in that time the company’s customer base has expanded to include a wide range of Clients, from specialist companies with a few hundred staff to the world’s most brand-recognisable multinational operations. The company is the construction project management partner of choice for international and local clients building and expanding within China.
Over the past twenty years, the company’s team has built up a portfolio of experience that is broad and varied. Projects largely fall into three categories – industrial, commercial, and retail – cared for by project managers you can be sure to have a wealth of expertise and experience of relevant and related past projects.
For the past twenty years, the company has taken a lead role in the development of links between the professional engineering communities in China and internationally. The company’s founder has for more than a decade been the Institution of Civil Engineer’s China Representative and in 2005 was awarded the ICE International Medal for the services in this area. The company supported the ICE in the legal establishment of their China branches and the ICE Training Centre in Jiaotong University.
The company provides guest lecturers to the Shanghai Institution of Engineers; Shanghai Jiaotong University (where the founder is the International Academic Adviser on the Board of Engineering); Beijing Qinghua University and the training courses organised by the ICE Training Centre. Following the Sichuan earthquake in 2008, the founder led a SIP team to develop low-cost replacement housing for which the team received a United Nation’s award. This important work is ongoing and is one of SIP’s most important continuing CSR activities.
- Make calls to international companies operating in China and identify plans for development in China
- Attend various networking events hosted by Chambers of Commerce, industry-specific organizations or government/investment zones to identify opportunities and build relationships with potential Clients
- Book, attend and prepare materials for meetings with high-level decision makers at companies with plans in China
- Maintain and update database information based on calls made, and correct/replace invalid data
- Support your manager in maintaining ongoing relationships with prospective Clients. This may include attending subsequent meetings
- Utilize your individual skills and abilities (languages, IT, networking etc) to help us win prospective Clients
- At least six-months commitment to the company and China
- Native level English/German. Fluent Mandarin skills are an asset but not a strict requirement
- Goal / Target Driven
- Excellent communication skills (including on the phone, at meetings and giving presentations)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Outgoing personality
- Self-motivated, independent and able to take initiative
- Past Sales Experience a plus