All You Need To Know About Chinese Visa!| 4 min read

Q&A with ImmerQi Intern: Hisi Ko


Before you take your first steps in China there are several must-do tasks that you need to complete. One of them –  a major and not to underestimate –  is the visa application. Please find below important questions that might be good to know and relevant for your new journey in China!


What are the different types of visa?


F (business visa): Issued to an applicant who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.

X2 (student visa): Issued to an applicant who comes to China for the purpose of studying, advanced studies or intern practice for a period until six months.

L (tourist visa): Issued to an applicant who comes to China for tourist purposes, family visiting or other personal affairs.

M (Business visa): Issued to an applicant who intends to go to China for commercial and trade activities. M Visa is usually issued for single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry. M visa can be issued up to 10 years. The duration of stay (each visit) is normally 30-60 days based on particular Chinese Consulate.


Where can I apply for my visa?


It is recommended to apply for the Chinese visa at the embassy of China in your country.  However, I would recommend you to go to China Visa Service centers (https://www.visaforchina.org/).  Not only do they process the visa application quickly (regular, express and urgent visa application) but also it is cost-saving! When I applied for my visa as a German in South Korea it took only 10minutes in the visa center and four days later I received my visa (regular application)!


What documents do I need to prepare for the visa application?


Most of the documents are prepared and sent to you via post by ImmerQi.

  • Valid passport
  • Visa application form (provided by ImmerQi)
  • Supporting documents (Mandarin House Letter of Offer; provided by ImmerQi)
  • Recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background
    (size: 48mm x 33mm)


Do I have to make an appointment to apply for a visa?


It is compulsory to make an appointment before you visit the Visa Centre to submit your application. If you are in need of an express or urgent visa, visa applications must be sent before 11 am the day.


How much does the visa cost me? **prices based on China Visa Service Centers


Please find here the visa costs for the China Visa Service Center and official Embassy prices. https://www.visaforchina.org/SEL1_EN/upload/Attach/mrbj/286503.pdf


What would be the best time for me to apply for a visa before my planned departure for China?


I would advise you to apply for a visa one month before your intended date of entry into China but not earlier than three months. The Chinese visa is typically valid for three months. If you apply for a visa too early, the visa may expire before your departure. For instance, if you plan to enter China on July 1, the best time to submit your application would be around June 1 (counting working days only). Tip: Once you have received your visa you should then book your plane ticket in order to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.


I am currently in China and I want to apply for the new visa in China. Can I do so?


No, you can’t. If you are currently in China, you have to exit the country to apply for a Chinese visa. Only residences in China are allowed to apply for a new visa in China. To conclude, I would recommend you to go through the China Visa application if you apply for your first visa. Firstly, it was handled very quickly and professionally. Secondly, I received the visa without any problems after 4 working days. If you need any further assistance or documents, ImmerQi will be the one you have to contact.


Rachel Yoon

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Leave a Comment: